TIME LAPSE construction of a 10′ x 24′ storage shed displayed from start to finish. Asphalt roof and vinyl siding. Total time: 110 hours/12 days. Total cost: ,550. Built to last a minimum of 30 years. Off the ground to avoid snow and water. Will not rot or decay. Asphalt roof and high load capacity.
For FREE blueprints subscribe and make a comment. Donations at Paypal: LightboxesVideos(at)hotmail.com
I DO NOT own the background music.
1. Layout foundation using strings and batter boards. Dig holes for concrete piers and small rock for base. Use the pythagorean theorem to test strings are at 90 degree angles. Use plumb bob to center posts.
2. Use proper spacing and double up joists when necessary. Use proper sheathing 5/8″ for sub floor.
3. Frame walls, check diagonals for square and place a diagonal brace to avoid shifting. Frame opening of door 2 inches wider than the door itself.
4. Put in rafters with the proper birds mouth, braces, and spacing. Extend the rafters as necessary to avoid rain and snow from touching the base of the shed.
5. Sheath the roof with 1/2″ or 5/8″ depending on snow loads. Put on asphalt paper, flashing, caulk between flashing and shingles. Sheath the walls with 1/2″.
6. Install door with jamb and sloped threshold. Paint all necessary areas. Install wrap around molding.
7. Install vinyl siding. Install soffit to prevent animals from getting into the rafter area and protect facia from the weather.
A lot of time was spent to create the video for this project. Donations are appreciated and accepted at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Heavyboxes
Video Rating: / 5